martes, 20 de marzo de 2012

Cuarenta años, ni una arruga



No hay nada que no se haya dicho de El Padrino. Es la vida misma, más clásica y vigente que nunca. Se estrenó en marzo de 1972, hace cuarenta años !!!!! Repaso mentalmente algunas escenas con esta selección de frases. No puedo elegir con cuál quedarme !!!!

“Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.”

“I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.”

“Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again.”

“It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business.”

“But I'm a superstitious man, and if some unlucky accident should befall him, if he should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive. But that aside, let me say that I swear...on the souls of my grandchildren...that I will not be the one to break the peace that we have made here today.”

“Get him a drink. Don't be afraid, Carlo. Come on, you think I'd make my sister a widow? I'm Godfather to your son.”

“Leave the gun, take the cannoli.”